Old 10-24-2020, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GreatInquiry7

Restless, Irritable - How Do You Handle It?

Hey all -

Haven't posted in a while here. But I'm coming up on 8 months now, and in general I feel great. I don't want to drink.

That said, that's part of my question here...

Everything in life externally is going generally well, can't really complain. Yet, I'm getting the "restless, irritable, discontent" feelings you hear about in alcoholics.

I just feel restless, like I can't sit still and relax, like I "need" something, yet I have no clue what I need... (does this sound familiar to anyone here by the way?). This leads to me being irritable and of course discontent...

I don't want to drink at all logically, but sometimes I'll get flashes of thought that "a drink would make this better". But, for me drinking is not in the cards, and again nor do I want to.

But, I do want this feeling gone. For me, it seems like I feel these feelings and I look for external things that might be causing it - is it something I need to "get" in work, health, or is it something I "don't" have.

The issue is anything external may help for a little bit but ultimately these feelings come back.

Has anyone gotten this? Is this common around the 8 month time frame? How do you deal with it?

Thank you all!