View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 04:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
biminiblue

I don't think it can be overstated how important it is to plug in somewhere every day if you're making any big life changes. Counseling, support group, something like AA, here on this thread or website. I made a commitment to post at least once a day. We all have a back-story. Sometimes I feel like talking about that stuff but mostly it's behind me and I've come to peace with it. Here on this thread we write about everything. It's a slice of life.

I made huge personal and life progress with my eating issues on a similar support forum so I knew this type of forum would be helpful to me. I posted here in my Class of March thread until everyone drifted away from the site and then found Weekenders but there are many ongoing threads on this site. I think a daily commitment is crucial to me. Every day I write somewhere that I won't be drinking. Doing it in the morning sets my intention for that day, and all I have to do is lay my head on the pillow sober and I have succeeded.

Welcome to Weekenders. I won't be drinking alcohol ever again so this weekend is just more of that. Drinking again would be so much more than foolish, it would be a personal betrayal. I'm not that girl any more. I made a promise to myself to take back my life.