View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
freedomfries

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Hi ff,

Your Beast is very happy that YOU have just stated “I won’t even enjoy one and a half cans. I won’t get a buzz.” And that you said “I get nothing out of it...”

Here you are suggesting for your Beast that once you’re off antabuse YOU WILL get something out of it (that wonderful deep pleasure of drunkenness).

Your AV LOVES that you are on antabuse. This is an essential understanding in AVRT. The AV will point out the following beliefs IT wants antabuse users to think, “Hah! You can’t keep from drinking without taking antabuse!” “You really have NO will against drinking without antabuse.” “What you mean to say is “I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind, as long as I am on antabuse.” Your Beast knows you cannot take antabuse the rest of your life and it is happy to wait as long as you are on antabuse. The Beast and its desire is timeless, not really understanding time. It will be happy right now if you tell it “I will have a drink when I’m 85 years old.”

The Big Question about Antabuse and AVRT is: If you made a Big Plan, “I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind.” why would you need or even want to be on Antabuse? Your Beast wants you to think you must be on Antabuse to not drink.

The reason I haven’t brought up your being on Antabuse before is because I suspected your parents were, to some degree, requiring you to take it; and that is different than you believing you must take it in order keep yourself from drinking.

Your addictive voice has been encouraged by your saying you either don’t hear it, or when you do, it bothers YOU, and IT continues to wait until you are off Antabuse.

Having an Addictive Voice is NOT a sign that you are defective or unhealthy, it is a sign that you have a functioning appetite center seeking pleasure, but that one particular pleasure has been determined to be absolutely WRONG for you to ever seek out again. Think about it, freedomfries, YOU will never experience that pleasure from being inebriated by ethanol, EVER AGAIN. This is what you have accepted for yourself. YOU know it is right, and you can feel a HUGE opportunity for success in your life. IT wants you to feel very sad that that whole part of your past being is now gone and its memories will fade with time.

And again, I bring up the verb tense trick the Addictive Voice uses and suggest you rewrite your post with the correct verb tenses for someone who DOES have a Big Plan.

GT
I realize taking antabuse doesn't make sense for someone with a big plan. But I just think I need that extra barrier in the early days. When I get more sober time I'll stop taking the antabuse.

I know taking antabuse doesn't really gel with my big plan, but I'm just not ready to let go of this crutch just yet.