View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Originally Posted by Freshstart1111 View Post
There is a connection between us but he has stepped back knowing that he knows he has issues and doesn’t want to hurt me...

We no longer talk about things related to alcohol. If it come up peripherally and subtly, like this did, he makes a joke. I just can’t go along with him making light of it anymore.
Hi,

I just want to put this out there - now that you've repeatedly voiced concerns about his drinking - he's probably backing off so that you don't badger him. It's hard for non-addicts to understand that an addicts true and real relationship is with their drug of choice. In this case, alcohol.

He may consider you and his "boys" friends - but alcohol is his true " Go To" buddy. When we're in our addiction - we don't allow anyone or anything to come between us and it.

I think you did the right thing. You're not obligated to respond to his each and every text. Let it go. The further you distance yourself from him, the louder your message will become. Funny how it works that way ...

If you haven't yet - you might consider writing him a very blunt, succinct, honest letter telling him how you feel and what you're going to do to preserve your own heart and sanity.

Best.