View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Hi,

I'm going to touch on this. You wrote "yes i agree but dont give me a taste then take it away. "

Or what? You're going to just show up at his front door? That's not cool. Stop doing that. You look like you're obsessed over this guy. And if you're really in the health field, you know how unhealthy obsession is. Obsession is not love.

He doesn't bring you up anymore because he's in the middle of the hurricane that is his own drug infused life. He's probably not pretending you two didn't exist. It's just that he can only handle what he's facing - his drug problem. I think he reaches out to you when he doesn't hear from you because he probably does care about you. But the last thing - the very last thing he needs - is to be smothered by your insecurity. It's overwhelming and he doesn't have the internal resources to handle it.

Back off.

Getting clean and sober is no easy endeavor. It takes an immense amount of mental attention and energy, and unfortunately, no one can help us through it. And if he's not trying to get clean - his addiction is most likely consuming him.

Stop taking it personally. Addiction is the most selfish behavior on the planet that I'm aware of.