View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hummingbird358

Wants to end life

AS is in treatment for alcoholism since Monday.. Calls every night. Last night crying he wanted to die and that he hated life. We have told him take one day at a time and it won't get better in the blink of an eye but it will turn around. I couldn't take anymore so I left my husband talk to him the 2nd time he called last night. Tonight I went to Alanon and missed the 4 times he called. He also called his sister 2x's but she didn't answer because she didn't recognize the number.
He called a bit ago and was saying again how he wants to die and hates his life. Said "I am giving you fair warning that I am not good and my thoughts are not good." He is 1700 miles away in a treatment facility. We suggested he talk to one of the staff there and he said not he will not be put away.
He said he regrets not taking his life 2 years ago when he had the means to do it but never pulled the trigger.
I did send his counselor an email that he is not well but she never replies.
Is this normal? He has been without booze for almost 5 days.
He has always been a depressed person. He is diagnosed with personality borderline disorder, depression, anxiety, bipolar plus has alcoholism. Not yet been diagnosed with adhd.