View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Netzerk

Hey folks thanks for the kind words! I'll certainly keep this tab open in my browser as a reminder and try to check in once a day or so! So today is another 24H :P. So over 2 days sober. got a lot done this evening. trying to just keep myself distracted so i dont think about drinking for now. Not sure if thats the worlds best approach but hey I'm 2 days in again and want this so I'm sure just about any approach works if you want it bad enough when it comes to kicking a drinking issue. I really appreciate the amount of replies for a total new comer especially on an internet forum... pretty foreign concept.. haha

EDIT:
I will say reading some of the experience stories of folks and having a miserable first few days hasn't been the case this time for me, thank god. I will say the only "symptom" I have per say is just slight irritability and a big lack of appetite. I'm pretty into fitness and track my food. When i was drinking (i know its ironic to be into fitness and a drinker but here i am a walking contradiction haha) i never had an issue with food intake in fact my perceived hunger often called on me to use my will power towards food vs. alcohol. so yeah .. no appetite is quite odd. any idea how long i can expect that to last for?