View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JCat

Originally Posted by Netzerk View Post
Hey all,

new here (like today new for browsing and posting), I'm looking forward to being a member of the community I'm just over 24 hours since my last drink (so not a lot to celebrate just yet but still) so may lean on this forum from time to time for a boost to help when i feel like i need a drink.

This is attempt 2 for me to get sober I had unhealthy consumption levels prior to the Covid pandemic and stay at home orders which honestly just made my drinking worse while working from home and with gyms closed just meant i got to drink for a few more hours a day... So yeah .. time for a change! I made it to 2 weeks sober around a month ago so I want to get back on that horse I can't deny that for that couple weeks; I got way better sleep, was getting more done through the day. Its crazy what you can do when you dont accept hung over as your default state.

I really like what you're doing here from the few threads I have read so far. Everyone seems super helpful and positive. can't wait to hear from you all.
Good luck, I'm on day 2 also.
My story is very similar to yours, as in I gave it away for a couple of weeks a month or so ago and felt great.
Then thought I could drink in moderation....NO I couldn't.