View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CitizenSober View Post
Howdy,
... I find myself struggling with life in general over the last 2 years,...
Then from time to time, when things get really bad, I feel that nasty sting! The urge I can never satisfy, the itch that will go unscratched for the rest of my life...
All of this has shown me the power of alcohol....
Howdy,

If I tried to, I could probably list about 20 liquids that are either powerful or toxic. What does that have to do with anything? Isn't it what we do with those liquids that matters?

You managed to convey a lot in your post and it does look like you're suffering, but - if I may be so blunt - it also looks like you have a crappy attitude. I know this is your first post - you're the new guy - looking for support. I get it. But I'm just shooting from the hip here and I can't help but wonder if Life would be more pleasant for you all around if you decided to have a more positive attitude.

I'm going to list the upside to the things you said you're afraid of:
1) Relapsing. Except if you do - many of us will still be here (hopefully) to reply to your posts, trudging along and doing our best. In addition, you might be cared for by a really hot nurse at a location near you.
2) You're afraid of loosing your job. Except if you do - you might get another one that pays more and that you L O V E.
3) Your car might break down with no way to fix it. Except if it does - you might get picked up by a car full of super corncoolio sober folks who want you to join their gang.

As if all the above isn't bad (or sweet) enough, you've lost your "ability to cope with the slightest amount of adversity." Which is OKAY because WE'RE here to help you figure sh1t out. That's what people do for other people who are having a hard time. It's okay. I'm glad you posted. It's sort of awkward to have to introduce yourself for the first time. Now we know who you are.

You're not alone. You only feel that way.

Life isn't for the meek. It's just not. But something about the words you chose leads me to believe you're not meek so - there we have it;.