Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
healthyagain

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
I like to dig in my garden, play music, paint pictures, go for long walks with my dog, and, blog about politics on the internet. I have a very limited social life and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people.
I have always just been really low in the desires department. A roof over my head and decent food and an old clunker to drive back and forth in and I am good.
You are a very very lucky lady, for 2 reasons. First, you have a son who loves you and wants to pamper you, and on top of that, he is doing really well. Second, not many people understand happiness in simplicity these days: "a roof over your head" and a place where you feel at home, no matter how modest it looks to others, is one of the greatest treasures. Let's face it: We live in a materialistic world. But, I seriously think a lot of people could actually learn from you. Then again, if your son wants to pamper you, maybe it could be something closer to your personality, something that others do not have to see, something for your garden, or for your dog, for your art. In that case, you would not feel that uncomfortable, and your son would still have a chance to treat his mom well. It is a win-win situation.