Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

My Son

My son divorced the mother of his two oldest children and now has a child with a new wife. The divorce was very hard on all of them . I do feel sorry for his ex she did not want the divorce and she fought tooth and nail to keep from loosing him. but he was very unhappy with her for several years and they went to all kinds of counseling in the end she just wasn't who he wanted to be with. He met his new wife selling real estate. They are doing very well working together. She and he work together and are quite the power team. They are always giving me very nice gifts. I think they would pay all my bills if I would let them.

I have always been a very low end income earner and enjoy a very simple life. Not because I could not earn more but I just didn't want all that goes with making a high income. I am very non competitive and in that type of environment I just fold up and don't want to do anything.I have lived very simply over the years and I really like it. My son lives in luxury in a big house with all the trimmings. It really is nice for him and I can tell he really loves his life and I am happy for him. He takes very good care of his children as well.

He supplies me with all kinds of top end appliances and cars. My house hold appliances are smarter than I am. It is nice I have to admit. However I just feel uncomfortable around all this luxury . I think I must be becoming old and set in my ways. My brothers and my sister all say WTF is wrong with you for not taking everything he wants to give to you? Even my ex (his farther) has asked me why? I don't know if this is a problem or not.WTF is wrong with me that I won't let my obviously rich son give me everything? When I was young I could have married several different "rich men" but I just did not feel anything for them. Everybody back then would ask wtf is wrong with me too. I don't want to insult my son. He has worked hard to get where he is and I am so glad for him that he has everything he wants and needs.
I like to dig in my garden, play music, paint pictures, go for long walks with my dog, and, blog about politics on the internet. I have a very limited social life and feel uncomfortable in large groups of people.
I have always just been really low in the desires department. A roof over my head and decent food and an old clunker to drive back and forth in and I am good. People give me really nice clothes that I would probably never consider buying myself. I am very independent I don't like to go to the beauty shop or shopping either. I let him pay the deductible on my new dental work. He is a good son my only child and I am extremely proud of all that he has accomplished and I know it is because he has worked his butt off. Why can't I just sit back and let him do what he wants to do?