View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 02:09 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good morning all and a happy Sunday to you. It's pouring down here as it has done all night, still at least it's a bit cooler. I hope you are all well.
I had an awful day on Friday, I went to Southport for a day on the beach with my bestie Mandy and the 3 g.children, we always have what we call a 'fun day Friday' during the school holidays. We hadn't been there 5 minutes, just walked through the Pleasureland ( the fairground) gates when Mandy fell. She's a big girl and she went with one heck of a bang, she smashed all her poor face and really hurt herself. I was just devastated, still am, I can't stop thinking about it. The staff were brilliant, they got a first aider, who was wonderful, they radio'd fr 2 burly men to come and pick her up and put her in a quiet booth in a coffee shop, they brought ice pack, tea, coffee, water etc. I wanted her to go to hospital but she refused point blank Anyway, she's black and blue and has been home in bed since. I can't remember if I told you that she's been wobbly on her legs for a while and recent tests have shown that it's likely that she has motor neurone disease. I'm just heartbroken about it all. She has been in denial but I think Friday has brought things to a head and hopefully she will now consider getting a mobility scooter ( we've been trying to convince her to get one for a while). Fingers crossed.
Other than that, I'm okay, I'm stone cold sober and all is well.

Morning Erratic, I'm so glad you're okay. I know it's cooler in Scotland than it is here, but I do hope you've had some of the glorious sunshine. Mr D.B's daughter and her little family went to Edinburgh last week for 5 days and loved it. I've never been to Scotland at all, but it is in my bucket list. I hope your new programme is working for you.

Morning Suze and I doubt very much that you are in the slightest bit fat or bloated. From the pics I've seen of you, you're as slim as slim can be. You sound in a much better frame of mind today and it sounds like you had a great Saturday. I'm glad your mum is doing well, she's a fighter, I can tell.

Hi Dee, enjoy your evening whatever you are doing.

Much love to all of you. xxx