View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LumenandNyx

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by makomago View Post
I'm new to this particular board, but I've been on sober recovery for years... and quite honestly, I'm absolutely shocked and stunned to find myself here on this board...

I'm here genuinely searching for some guidance and suggestions as I'm dealing with someone who is using a sibstance ...

I'd like to be supportive, but my ignorance of the substance combined with my own experience of addictions means I'm blinded by my own ignorance, projections and fears!

my girlfriend who is an ex-heroin / crack user has had a relapse ... my reaction was terrible, ... Currently she claims that she "doesn't intend" on using again. I think she is lying to herself. ....

Anyway... I'm all up for hearing any and all suggestions. I know I can't change her, I know I'm in danger of enabling her.... Come on SR members, help me out please. I feel... well, a bit broken and lost.
It looks to me like you know you can't control or fix her. All you can do is control yourself and your own behavior. You can remove yourself from the drama and reenter her life once she's established herself in sobriety.