Old 08-12-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nd819

[QUOTE
Everything is perfect when he’s not drinking or has only had a few, we love our life and we make each other so happy. We know how to communicate like adults when we don’t see eye to eye, we are loving and supportive always. I can not fault his intentions and morals. We have had discussions around his relationship with alcohol but no ones ever said alcoholic. What do I do? 😞 thanks for reading if you made it this far, I hope I’ve made sense[/QUOTE]

Hi Jules, I'm sorry for what brings you here but welcome! Lots of people here can relate to where you are and I have received great insight in this group. As has been pointed out on this forum many times, he is not two people, the way he behaves while drinking is part and parcel of the person he is during the day. You have not been with this man for that long so I think you are still at the point where you can ignore the evening interactions and just appreciate the person who is so nice during the day. How do you think you will feel after several more years of this? It doesn't sound like he wants to change and unless he really, really, wants to he won't. I really worry about kids in this situation, who knows what kind of people he is bringing into your home?! If I have learned anything here it is that this situation is not just going to magically get better. Good luck to you, I know how hard this is.