Old 08-12-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ironwill

HI Jules89,
I'm sorry for what brings you here, but know that you can vent or ask question here. There are a lot of knowledgeable people that want to help. I know you are confused by your husbands alcohol usage. You say he is loving and caring, but still he drinks. Has he sought our AA or some other group for help. It sounds like from what you have wrote that he knows he has a problem and is willing to try giving it up (getting rid of it and starting running). But he needs to admit to himself that he is an alcoholic. That he needs to seek help. He wont be able to do this by himself. He does not have the will power and nothing you can say or do will change him. I'm sure you have had lots of talks about the drinking, but still he goes out and drinks, gets so drunk that is robbed, acts single to hit on girls. Brings home drinking buddies. This is not a loving husband who wants to change. This is not love. This is someone that alcohol has control of. The longer he drinks the worse the lies and manipulation will get.

The longer you keep cleaning up after him and making excuses, things will not change. He has no reason too. You need to set up your boundaries of what you will and will not accept. Then you need to stick to them. If he truly wants to get better and be the loving and caring person you know when he doesn't drink. Then he will seek help.

Like Trailmix said remember the 3 c's - You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it. Look after your children and yourself and keep everyone safe. You have made a big step in coming here and seeking knowledge of what you can do. Know you are not alone in this and we are here to help you. Keep being strong and I hope you have a good day.