View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
AlbaSober

DAY 39 in the bag and I'm quite delighted to see the numbers jump up. It's nearly double my previous longest sober period of 21 days, and I'm feeling better, but certainly not walking on air. I've went from being really quite ill to feeling slightly distant. I long for the clarity of thought which I hope to achieve in the medium to long term. I've introduced some multivitamins into my daily routine so we'll see how that goes, but today was textbook in that I ate perfectly, walked my steps and didn't consume anything other than water. I'm going back to work in about 2 weeks time and I'm worried about that. Purely from a selfish point of view this lockdown has been superb for my ability to concentrate on my sobriety and fitness. When I'm back working I know my eating will suffer and it's been a huge help in keeping me focused and sober. I've very much an 'in for a penny in for a pound' type person, at the minute I'm addicted to this programme I'm on. I'm unable to moderate and therefore I spend my time either 'winning' at life with healthy attitudes or 'losing' with booze and soak it up food.

But another day added today....and same time tomorrow.