View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
kittencat

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am going out of my mind with boredom and social isolation. Texting/phone calls can only do so much. I've been living like this even before the pandemic but I did go to almost daily AA meetings. Online meetings are useless for me to be honest. It's getting harder and harder to find reasons not to drink. Won't drink, but I do nothing otherwise.

I don't know what health effects going on a bender would have as I am only a couple months recovered from Coronavirus. I turn 44 next week so I am a little depressed about my life situation because it will not be improving until the pandemic is over. Another year of unemployment, isolation, and boredom.

just watching CNN right now and they are talking about how a study shows 1in 3 Americans are suffering anxiety or depression. I'm am suffering from both myself.
Can you get a telehealth appointment with a psych to see if there’s an antidepressant you can start taking? There’s some that work on both depression and anxiety. Until a good vaccine is approved and implemented? I know walking/ exercise really works well for mental health too. I have no depression but plenty of anxiety lately and I’m on an antidepressant. It took 7 or 8 weeks to get through the initial side effects but they’re finally gone.