View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mjln_1975

Too much for my wife

I have been sober for almost two weeks now, and attend 2 - 3 AA meetings per week. On the 8th December my wife said that she couldn't "do this any more" and since then i have been sleeping on sofa's of a friend and returning to the house when i get the message that "it is still my home" and "your daughter needs to see you" When i return and sleep in the spare bedroom i try and put on a postive face and not mention the subject other than the meetings/recovery process is good, the transformation/enlightenment is astounding etc...

My wife gets very angry and upset, she asks questions i cannot answer, she feels alone, and unsure, I also feel as if I am no longer arrogant enough to say that it will all be alright. I cannot mention al-anon or the forums on here as she would see that as pressure/me passing the blame onto drink or her lack of understanding.

I do not know what to do. I do not want to lose her, I want to support her as i have found new strength and focus, but i also do not want this "semi-estrangement" to tear apart any hope for the future.

All i have to lookf orward to is another day sober.

Matt