View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
Hello everyone. I really need all the help I can get. I was doing well. I had over a month and was part of the feb 2020 group but after a month I told myself i had control and started drinking again. I got a dui in feb of 2020 and that was what kick started me into sobriety but like i said that only lasted one month. My life is good from the outside. But on the inside it is fraying for sure. My marriage is in trouble and we both drink, my son is having issues (he is 11) he hates when we drink. I hate myself when i do. I always tell myself IM DONE.This time its the truth but then a week later, month later i convince myself its okay. Everyone drinks right? I tell myself so many lies. I mean come on i went ti jail for my dui and i still went back to drinking. Its crazy just crazy. I feel stuck as well. No direction in life. I am not working right now as i got a inheritance from my father but i feel so stagnent and bored but i also feel like i cant work. I have such bad anxiety and cant seem to get my brain straight. Im a mess, gee i wonder why?!!! Anyway sorry im rambling. Much love to u all.
No idea why this post wasn't there for me earlier......twilight zone...... s

I am so sorry that you have been through some very tough months.
Including the DUI and all of it.

I am also looking for where I go from here career-wise....and it is very strange right now....it is hard to make decisions around that with covid so terrifying in America. One thing at a time perhaps....

I drank again and again after very bad things happened.....very bad.....it is unfortunately the nature of this disease.
It isn't so easy to just say, ok, not doing that again.

But we can choose not to do it again and then we can build the tools to support that decision.
And it works....it did for me.

I would never have imagined that I would be on this site still 7 + years after first coming here.....that it would become a major part of my life and my no. 1 sobriety tool. But it is.

Lean in....we so get where you are right now and I am sure many SRs will be here with awesome advice and strategies. ❤️