View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
sortofhomecomin

Originally Posted by ALBAdrunk View Post
It's a brilliant place in the summer but a wee bit depressing in the winter. Scotland has real issues with drinking although I can see it changing a little with the younger generation who seem to prefer going to gym and body image. Drinking culture plays such a big part. It's to be unseasonally warm on Friday with temps about 26c which of course will mean beer gardens, or drinking in parks/ beach. In the winter it's 'Lets drink because there's nothing to do'. The longer days have helped my sobriety because I've been outside walking until very late at night. When the weather gets poorer and the days get shorter I'm going to treat myself to a expensive health club membership and a winter holiday to the sun (COVID allowing). I mean I spend about £400 a month on getting drunk so £70 per month on a health club membership will be achievable.

I'll log in tomorrow evening.
That's interesting about the younger Scots being more into keeping fit than drinking, it's similar in Ireland. Pub culture is far less of a thing for the twenty somethings that it was for my generation (I'm in my forties) - and not just due to COVID. I'm not sure if the obsession with body image some of them have is entirely a positive thing but it doesn't cause liver disease, it has that going for it.

Well done on your 31 days. You don't need or want to drink ever again, at any time, for any reason.