View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

We are all different but I'm sorry - I think the one thing all the people successful in recovery have is that never again commitment.

I'm not trying to be a jerk.

All I can do is share my experience ALBA.
If I was to drink again, there's a mighty good chance I'd never come back from it so, as I see it the stakes are pretty high.

I'll leave you with one thought tho - you can make a rhetorical question not requiring an answer if you like...

but did you 'fail' because you said 'no more... never again... now I'm teetotal'...

or was it because you didn't back up those declarations with sufficient resolve and action?

D

Originally Posted by ALBAdrunk View Post
I suppose we have to do what we see best for each other. I've used the "I cannot drink anymore" "That's it I'm now tee-total" "Drinking is now in the past" routine for years and it hasn't worked for me.

This is the first time where I accept that I can fail. I accept that I'm vulnerable and it's enabled me to go beyond any sober period I've had in 20 years. So I'm going to keep on doing what I perceive to be best for me. It's a Sat afternoon and I'm enjoying some healthy food and a 2L bottle of water. Tonight I don't see me relapsing but I need to allow my brain to have to freedom of expression that Its possible. Because If I don't and make it so binary and absolute I won't last. I'll write up my Day 32 after 10pm ( which is when the beer shops close). I'm fairly certain I wont be drinking today.