View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
AlbaSober

Day 32 done. It's 10:08 and the beer shops are closed so I cannot drink tonight. I was thinking about what I posted earlier and how I can expand on it. Because what I talk about it simply a mindset that works very well for me. I've the upmost respect for Dee - who's probably supported 10,000 folk plus me along this road. So I want to try and explain how I'm feeling but I'm not too great with words.

One of the things I keep reading from newbies trying to quit is the idea of 1 last drink. 'I'll have a drink on Sunday and then Monday morning that's it'. This.....(purely for me) is a recipe for disaster. I've been that person 1000 times over. If I eliminate the option that I cannot drink again I'm more relaxed in my mindset and perhaps my AV is happier about this. It's allowed me to make more progress that I ever did with the idea of - THIS IS IT. DRINKING IS NO LONGER AN OPTION. It's allowed me sober time and I've cherished it. There's a 100 ways to skin a cat and this is working for me atm. It might not work forever but I'm sober happy and thinking positively.

Same time tomorrow night, and have a cracking sober Sunday. X