View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jewel72

I must do this....Today.

I’ve wanted to post a thread every morning for the last few days, but my AV quickly chirps up and I begin planning the last day of drinking instead. So....

Today has to be the day sobriety begins again for me. I’ve been here so many times before, have even reached out on this section for help getting back to day 1’s. It has worked, but I always seem to go back to the wine.

I’m a stay at home mom in her 40’s who used to drink a couple of glasses a wine every night for “me” time. Fast forward several years; I’m up to drinking 2 of those little four packs of wine a day, AND I’ve started around noon to numb away the lazy days of summer. That’s 2 bottles of wine every day.

The results: My spiritual life has suffered greatly, I have gained weight, have no energy to run (was up to 6 mile runs), feel so sick (my organs are crying out), my feet and hands are swollen and joints generally ache. This is progressively killing me and I need to stop once and for all. One day at a time is what I’ve been told, but my mind needs to know it is for good otherwise the AV always seems to win in the end.

May this be the day I get my life back and return to peace and health. (And wouldn’t you know, even as I get ready to hit Submit, my addict within is asking for another day. Hitting submit and going to put that bugger to death.)