View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:21 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Kat1313

Hi Zip,
I am glad you decided to post. Thank you for sharing your story and for sending well wishes my way. Your input is valued and much appreciated.
My house is booze-free, no stashes, no hidden bottles and no more drinking in secret (makes me sick to my stomach as I write it; low point). My husband is not much of a drinker (barely ever a shot or two of tequila or a glass of wine on special occasion twice a year, if even) and absolutely hates when I drink (or drank rather). Therefore; there is no need for alcoholic beverages to be in the house, frankly. We rarely have friends or family over due to busy work schedules and long distance; thus, there is hardly ever an occasion to drink anymore. And, luckily our family members and close friends can have a great time without alcohol on a dinner table. Would not even question it if we would not serve or offer it. Never was a thing, really. Other friends, who are heavy or problem drinkers are no longer invited or around much since we have very little interests in common or topics for a meaningful conversation.
I have been working with a therapist once a week since my uncle passed. We have been working on a few things over the past couple of months including my drinking problem. It has been sobering (no pun intended); very grateful to her guiding me and sharing my emotional pain.
Pardon the novel but I felt like “talking” after reading replies this evening. As you can probably tell, I do not take your replies/posts for granted and every word and recommendation coming from your personal experiences matters!
Thank you for your time, your effort and your support. Hope I can do the same for you one day. Congrats on your recovery and stay healthy!