View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Coz

Originally Posted by itsmaria View Post
I am in a foul mood and just want to drink. I can't remember why I shouldn't, got no reasons. I just want to say f it for the week.

Will do some writing later, look at my worksheet I made for myself about drinking.
Originally Posted by itsmaria View Post
Well I made an apt to get my haircut tomorrow. First cut since Jan. So that should help get me through today. After today I don't know.
Maria

Full credit to you for working through a plan to get over the grumps . I reckon all of us hate it when we are in a foul mood and escapism is really tempting. But, drinking will either make it immediately worse, or only offer a temporary relief full of later regret and angst.

Did something happen to put you in a foul mood, or is it just one of those hormonal moments of being grumpy, or is it just adjusting to the new meds? I know when I am grumpy or angry with life, I find it hard to turn it around without resorting to my list and forcing myself to use my pre-thought out ideas. For grumpiness, my list includes:
  • go outside and take deep breaths of fresh air
  • find three beautiful things to admire (for me it is a flowering plant, a bird singing, the formations in the sky or a butterfly foraging)
  • treat myself with either retail therapy (generally online for me) or something yummy to eat (ice cream and chocolate are my go to's)
  • watch a TV show or movie that I know will make me laugh or at least smile
  • tell someone why I am grumpy (although many times there is no reason - just is)
A hair cut is a great idea. I had my first trim in 2020 last week. Nothing special, hubby didn't notice, but I felt better having been out of the house and doing something for me.

Keep posting, don't drink (it really wont fix anything) and try and smile ! Maybe another one of your silly-long bike rides?

And my emoticon effort at inducing a smile: