View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
venuscat

I would wait too dear Coz.

And this.....

Conversation was challenging. Lots of work talk and all other talk was about the drinking habits of work colleagues. My only contribution was to say I don't drink and tried to change the subject to starting up the business and his life story.

Anyway, the meal went well. I spent the day at the high level of anxiety and felt so worn out afterwards - give me a day swinging a pick and shovel any day - far less exhausting.

Reflecting back, I am not at all comfortable with being me. I feel boring, second guess what people are thinking of me, feel the need to fill any gaps in conversation but have nothing to say (I avoid talking about myself - SR is an exception to this rule), and feel responsible for other peoples happiness so over-think everything to play a role that is not me. Drinking provided an escape from all that. I need to learn how to interact with people again - and definitely need to learn to be more relaxed.

Boss-man left after about four hours. We had so much salad left over, so hubby invited our neighbour over for dinner and we did another BBQ. Neighbour is a drinker, but we had a non-drinking dinner as he had hospital appointments (cancer treatment) the next day. That was so much easier than lunch. Not sure if it was because of no- alcohol around, or if I just know him a bit better and he is a good talker.

I have lightbulbs going off in my head for you if that makes sense....maybe because I was the same way.

There is NOTHING you need to fix in you....I am sure you are comfortable being you, just not around drunk people. I know I'm not.
At first I thought how dare I even have the audacity to be uncomfortable, judgemental even, but I was. I still am to be honest. I lose all ability to be me if someone around me is drunk.

My thoughts. s
And goodnight ❤️

And have a lovely trip dear TC ❤️