Old 07-16-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! So sorry I haven't been posting - sometimes I get confused between this and the Gratitude thread, since we're over there too, although you guys are much better than I am about responding to everyone else. I always feel like I would avoid posting there if I did that, and it would become about tracking everyone else's comments for some weird reason (especially weird considering that the connection with other people is one of the main reasons I love SR?)

NC, I'm sorry about the gloominess, and of course I can relate because I often feel the same, for no apparent reason. Are you experiencing a surge in the virus where you live? Our area is doing pretty well for the moment, but the debate about how to return to school is truly exhausting. There aren't any great options, and I'm selfishly concerned about my older son who is a junior in high school. I feel like many people can "write off" this year because the kids will have time to make it up (that's what I'm thinking about my 8th grader), but there's a lot at stake for college acceptance with course selection, activities, and standardized tests all up in the air. I know colleges will have to adapt because so many kids will be impacted in similar ways, but we're adopting the most conservative approach possible here so I hope our kids aren't worse off. As far as healthy eating and exercising, I'm SO inconsistent it's crazy.

NL, I think I lost track of how the virus affected everyone in your family! As NC said, I know your dad was sick and seems to be doing a bit better, but how about you and your son? Did you get a diagnosis, and is everyone doing OK? How about work?

Whoops, gotta go - I find I'm always running late for Zoom meetings, ugh! Catch you later!