View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RidingSober

New to the group

Hello Everyone!

Love this group and everything I’ve learned from it so far along my journey! To be fair my journey thus far has been a lot of trying to quit with little success. The only success I’ve found so far is in smoking weed, which as you’ve all probably learned isn’t addressing the issue.

As I write out a sobriety plan, and schedule a date to work towards, I can’t seem to get past the first few days. I’m an isolated alchoholic, as it’s the way I’ve put up a wall into being arrested or having people tell me I need help! The problem is, I suffer in silence and really feel like I need people to help! The isolation of where my disease has taken me, along with COVID has created a deep loneliness!!! I feel stupid going to AA online when I’m still drinking. I feel like I should have a few days minimum under my belt, but the loneliness is painful and alchohol is the only thing that takes the pain away.

Sorry I know I’m rambling.... But has anyone else been in this trap? Any suggestions or help to get through the first few days? I know there’s a fulfilling life on the other side of the bottle, I just don’t know how to get there.

Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Almost-RidingSober