View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Missy

when I see people, not just you, say things like
'nothing can stop a craving, not God, another person, a job threat...etc....'

it makes me sad because I know that pain that goes into that belief and I know personally the pain that's yet to come from more drinking.

I'd rather not argue with people. Thats not my thing,,,but when I challenge you on statements like that, it's because I believe IN you.

I believe that you really do have the power in you - you've been sober before, and you will be sober again

I don't really see any reason for you to take a break - in fact honestly it frustrates the hell out of me that anyone would need to take a break because other people persistently believe in that person's power to overcome addiction.

It's hard for me not to post in cases like these. My entire reason for being here at SR is to help people get sober & not stroke their AV - but if it helps keep you here and posting and reading I won't post to you for a while - but I'll still believe in you and your ability to stay sober

best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

D
Thank you Dee....It is so obvious that you are here to help...you know sometimes you have "annoyed" me....but I do like reading your responses to OTHERS (lol)...as you have good sobriety, good intentions and a good heart.