Old 07-06-2020, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wolf_22
Want to form an alliance? :.)

I'm 100% against all of it and it's really beginning to wear on me to the point of losing family and friendships.

Much of my reasoning stems from how I think we have too many bad actors in play who benefit from it, whether it be via financially or fringe benefits (i.e. - additional authority or control over things or people). Some have axes to grind against Trump (trying to use this as leverage for regime change) but we also have some in government who use it to sneak things into legislation. We have business interests who benefit from it (see retailers, online sales and services, etc. and how many shops or grocers tend to use Covid-19 as an excuse for poor stocking practices or unnecessary employee reduction), many who just like to work from home or avoid going to school (which puts taxes and real estate in flux due to increased amounts of justification to question the virtue of preexisting physical spaces). These remote models have lead to a consolidation of cyber attack vectors for less secure and monopolized home internet providers and their networks. Hospitals receive payouts for Covid-19 declarations they process during postmortems, which isn't difficult to do as long as someone is found to be asymptomatic (so you could die from morbid obesity or a heart attack but if found to carry the virus without experiencing a single symptom, you're chalked up to having died from Covid-19 whereby the hospital coffers increase), something I'm sure is never fudged when done throughout rural American hospitals... I'm sure the medical research grant recipients follow suit in some way, shape, or form. Of course, you have those who legitimately fear for their lives but many of these people are hypocrites, too: I'm reminded of a man who walks around our office wearing a mask who is also notorious for never washing his hands when he finishes using the urinal, something I saw him do with his mask on one day while using the restroom. Many of these same people are emboldened to dictate how others should be living their lives, going as far as publicly-shaming those who opt to avoid face masks instead of just staying home themselves or simply avoiding proximity of those they find fault with.

From a policy standpoint, it's caused all sorts of havoc. It seems like every day an employer tends to change expectations, rules, or standards and this in and of itself does nothing but foster chaos and enable instability. It's caused consumers to be unsure about whether certain resources are available and if they are, how to go about using or obtaining them. Given many employers seem to be laying people off or terminating them outright, it's putting into jeopardy many livelihoods. I've noticed that people tend to use Covid-19 to their advantage when something comes up at work that they don't want to do, especially if it means being forced to walk outside in 90-degree heat.

The worst thing about all of this is the precedent that nobody seems to consider moving forward. From what I can tell, nothing is in place to prevent anyone of any seat of authority from exploiting the next bout of flu, and that goes for any side anyone can owe allegiance to.

It's just all-around bad.