View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 04:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Thanks, everyone. I hope you’re all well. Just a few replies:

Hi, Hawk, (and Kaneda). The writing is going well, and so far I still plan to publish at the end of July. I’ll make sure to post a link to the book when it’s available – if Dee and Anna will allow me to, of course. The autobiography? Sure I plan one, Hawk, but in a few years from now, when I’m in a position financially to sit down and write something nobody might want to read. Autobiographies really don’t sell unless you’re famous, like Branson or Jobs, or Obama(s) or Clinton(s).

JK… I was drunk for years, friend, and writing and drinking do not go well together, no matter what Hemingway used to say - “Write when you’re drunk, edit when you’re sober”. I wrote a lot, sure; but most of it was just no good. Brain-fog is a ruinous ingredient when it comes to penning ones imagination… as is despondency and hopelessness. These days, I believe my writing is much, much better, and like the rest of me - mental and physical – it gets better and easier each day.

As for my dad and stepmom, JK, I’ve learned not to interfere by now; It makes my own situation just more unbearable. So I leave them to their own horrible, sad, drunken lifestyle. Out of sight, out of mind…

Thanks again, everyone for your replies.