View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hey Rock!

I'm so pleased for you and thankful for your message. I'm at 150 days now (!) and am very much looking forward to the part where it gets easier every day at 200 days. I was going to say it's been the same for me - the getting easier part - but i'm not sure if that's true. I think what's true is that I get stronger every day and that's good enough for me right now.

In any event, you've really pulled of a miracle getting and staying sober in that environment. I hope you share my certitude that if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

xo
O
Hi, O. Stronger is good, I agree. Impervious and/or more resistant, I like as well. All qualities, I think, that gets stronger with each new sober day I wake up to. One thing, I know, that does help and assist in my fight for sobriety, is knowing that I’m not going it alone; that there are thousands just like me and a lot of them are on SR. Sharing, caring and rooting for one another. It makes it so much easier, does it not?

150 Days is great, O, with 200 just around the corner. Time really flies when one doesn’t meander through each day on an alcoholic haze; to me it does, at least.

It’s just after four in the afternoon South African time and everything is back to normal here. The old man is in bed after having a screaming, swearing, hate-filled fit around two; stepmom had a drunk-crying episode at around the same time and has been stumbling around the kitchen ever since, mumbling and gulping from a beer-glass of frequent topped-up brandy and coke. They start around noon on weekends. But oh well: That's “Par for the course” here…

Hope you’ll have a great week, O.