View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
PuckLuck
Coffee Snob

Originally Posted by DementedAvenger View Post
without shame and a hangover. Yesterday was the huge golf tournament that is infamous for being an extreme booze fest. They park a beer truck by the clubhouse and members make coolers full cocktails that get shared. There’s usually a couple guys passed out in carts at the end of the afternoon. Last year I was among them, dropping beers in the dining room, spilling them all over myself and being a general embarrassment. This year I watched, with endless sparkling waters and a huge ice coffee. The first hour or so was tough - boring, anxious, and sad. I knew I just needed to avoid that first drink, I did, and those feelings dissipated as the day went on. Here’s to a clear and beautiful Sunday!
Welcome DA, glad you're here. Hammered on the fairway... Yup, I remember doing that quite a few times. Somehow John Daly made a career out of it.

Good morning all,

Only 6 hours of sleep, but that works for me. Almost 8 am here. Made breakfast and now I'm perusing the board, checking in while having my coffee. Pro breakfast tip: If you want the fluffiest scrambled eggs ever, it's simple. Add a little water, a little Hellmann's mayo (can't even taste it), melt a little butter in the pan, whisk it up real good and cook slowly over low-med heat. I add shredded cheese to mine at the end, but that's optional of course.

No plans today. I can tell it's going to be a hot one, so I'm staying in and that's fine with me. Although, I am definitely taking the dog on a walk later this evening when the sun goes down.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays sober.