View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 03:07 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
bobdrop

Hi all. I made it to 4 weeks today! Still visiting my children and 1 year old grandchild. Will be going back home tomorrow. With the talk of heat, at home, it is getting in the mid to upper 90's everyday, but the humidity in Florida is horrible, most of the time in the 80's and 90's. The Saharan dust has helped some though. Also with the talk of the newness wearing off, depending on where you are, I've found that the body is continually healing and recovering, so there is newness in that all the time, and that's newness that feels good.

Something else I've noticed this weekend. My 2 older children have apparently curbed a lot of their drinking and are looking a lot healthier. I am so grateful. Pretty much left my wife by herself with the pouring down of drinks. I know now, that over time, this will have an effect on her to the point of booze being de-emphasized in her life. Win-win-win-win........

I'm going to be happy with 4 weeks today, but I'm still going to mark 1 month in a couple days Any chance to feel good about things

Hope everyone keeps fighting the good fight. Feels great to hear about all the successes and optimism in here!