Old 06-25-2020, 09:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ariesagain

Originally Posted by jjwinters View Post
YES. I think my anger in recent days is the overwhelming emotion. While it's been very difficult, I think this week has been a breakthrough for me. I think my rational brain has started to finally take over. I know I've been dealing with a monster. I'm less jealous of her ending up with someone else because it is impossible for her to not be who she is. She's not riding off into the sunset with anyone. And I certainly don't want that life for myself either. I want a partner who is confident and be able to enjoy and respect each other's lives.

Bekind, I am not at all surprised you had to do what you did to get away. And I'm glad you did. I've more than a number of times fantasized about packing up and just living a simple life in a quiet town. I think the point is, we have to do whatever it takes to be rid of them because they will destroy your life. There is no way to win but to get away.

Sadly, one my best friend's father just passed away from Covid after being in the ICU for over a month. She wrote family and friends emails updating them on his status every day and even sent me cookies in the mail after finding out I got dumped. It's like night and day comparing the two people who are both going through a traumatic situation. Even in her worst moments, my friend took the time to help me feel better.

I know I've said this a bunch of times, but thank you all for getting me through this. Every day is a challenge and being able to come back here has pushed me in the right direction. You're all wonderful, caring, intelligent, and wise people.
You’re pretty awesome yourself, you know?

I am so sorry for your friend’s loss of her father...what a helpful contrast for you, though. This is what healthy, loving people do. Now you know what that looks like.

As for being “dumped”...

You weren’t dumped. You were liberated.

Keep up the good work and take care of yourself!