View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
birdie11

Hi everyone. I checked my old posts to see when I last posted in this group - it was back on 4th and it was about me calling my local rehab center and getting the ball rolling re: their outpatient program. Well, I got enrolled in their IOP program and am a week and a half in. Due to the pandemic it is all online (Zoom). I do Group sessions 3 times a week - MWF from 9am-noon and then a 1 hr meeting once a week with my individual counselor. When I first decided to do it I was dreading it and thinking it was going to be SO much time. But I actually love it! Today was my 4th group session and I get something out of each and every one. And, truth be told, I spent way more time than that each week drinking so.... I have been trying to manage this on my own for so long and it wasn't working yet I really hesitated for some reason to take that next step of seeking out more help and now I cannot for the life of me understand why!

Today is Day 20 for me and for the first time in a long time I feel such optimism about the future. So I really wanted to encourage anyone that thinks they need some additional help or structure or support to seek it out, I wish I had done it long ago.