View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 08:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cathy31
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Hello to Everyone on SR
I love to come on here once in a while - SR helped me to find recovery and the rooms of AA and it's been more than 14 years though God's Grace and the 12 step process of AA that I have been blessed with sobriety. My life is indescribably different and better and happy. I am now a mom with two young boys (6 and 9) marred to the love of my life (2nd marriage) for 11 years now, my career is incredibly challenging and rewarding and we have a beautiful home and importantly good relationships. I note these things as when I came in to AA I was in a loveless marriage (no least of which thanks to my rampant alcoholism) full of fear - I woke up gripped with fear and at night asked God to take me from the planet. I was always angry, short changed and resentful. I had no tools to live, contribute or to be happy. I knew that God existed, but that He wouldn't help me because I was such a disaster including having squandered the gifts I'd been given. I had no friends, my career was in tatters (I'd chosen to start my own business whilst still drinking which in retrospect was purely because I could then drink more and not have to worry about getting to an office five days a week. I went in and out of AA for 18 months - all the while being supported by the wonderful people on SR. Some in AA, some out of AA. my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all the people here then and who continue to be here (Dee74 ) and those still here in spirit who were so kind and giving and supportive - CarolD, Desperate Dan, Chy, Miracle, Nomobeer, Imhomersimpson. I learnt here that I was worth it and that the God of my understanding would help me if sought and that God makes none too hard terms with any of us. Keep coming back - it works and you are worth it.
Cathy31
xxx