View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
OceanGuy

Thanks, Mags, Dee.

I've been there, Willow. On the precipice of temptation -- sitting there, sweating, with my keys in hand..."it's only 6 minutes to the store, I can be back in no time and be drinking and having a good time..." I told myself. Or rather, my AV tried to. Then, as many on this forum have said; I played the tape forward and I didn't like what I saw: Drunk dialing someone from the past and saying some things that aren't too nice; not getting anything accomplished for the following three or so days; laying around in a fog feeling like s*** and feeling paranoid -- looking out the window when I heard anything I deemed (in my warped mind) unusual; appetite ruined while fitness levels drop, etc. Remembering what it felt like in the aftermath of "having a good time" was finally enough to put an end to that temptation for good. There was no way that I was going to continue to ruin my life's opportunities again. Then again, we should also not going to get into the "should have," "would have" guilt thing either. We're here, we're present, and we can change the outcome of out futures.

As someone said earlier; every time that you resist the AV, you get more resistant to its suggestions, Willow. You're very inspirational to people for having that bottle in your hand and still saying no to it. Maybe you can find a way to not even be around the vino in the future? Great job!

Btw, made the best grilled steak over the weekend -- plenty of leftovers for the week, too. Did anyone else have some special dining experiences?