View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 09:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Wrapping up a good day. Had a friend drive two hours to see me because he needed a favor, I was glad to oblige and he was grateful. Then the most important person in my life, my cousin - who is like a father figure - stopped by by to shoot the bull. He also lives 2 hours away but was in the area for other reasons. We planned out a home improvement project I want him to help with. We also planned a trip next weekend to northern Arizona to check on his property. So that will be nice. Will see my kids then too. Youngest daughter sent a bunch of sweet messages then Facetimed me a bunch too. Which is sweet. Took the dogs on a long walk in the light rain, was so beautiful. As I walked I talked to myself and to God a little bit about what's going on in my life and the direction I would like it to go. Then, knowing the anxiety was coming tonight, I saddled up and took a nice bike ride. The whole ride was seemingly uphill and into the wind, but felt great when I was done. A metaphor for recovery?? Who knows. I'm feeling good today. Lonely as usual, but if I take stock of the day I'd say I did as well as I could and I didn't drink, so I'll chalk it up as a win.

Love you guys.