Old 05-22-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ringoffire

Originally Posted by hockey4848 View Post
Binge drinking for 15+ years. Always took a few days off during the week, then right back at it heavy.
quit 80 days a go. first 6 weeks were brutal fatigue, barely walk I was so tired. Now my fatigue is gone, but physical anxiety is bad. Feel shaky, body very tight, extreme iriitability. Always worse in morning, gets slightly better at night. Also have lots of tingling in face/head.

Anyone else still bad physically at 80 days?
Hey There. I am not at 80 days, but I am somewhere ~ 34 days. I was also a binge drinker. Usually 4-6 days heavy, then week hungover, then back on the wagon for a month before rinse and repeat.

For me, first 2 weeks, I was EXTREMELY sensitive to caffeine, sleep was poor and was shaky and irritable. And yes, mornings were the absolute worst, waking up sweating, anxious and hands tingling'ish. No face/head tingling. I can tell you, that I have been extremely active during this last month and moving and sweating has helped massively. All those ailments are going away slightly each day.

Right now, 50 days behind you, sometimes I feel a bit sluggish in the mid afternoon, and occasionally get a bit anxious at times. Ive said in another thread, the most negative thing about this recovery, is my sex drive is rather low, and sometimes the wedding tackle does not want to cooperate - which is the biggest problem for a new relationship I found myself into. But apparently that goes away and fixes itself too. My moods are stabilizing - but not totally there yet, still can get irritable over somewhat benign things (ie a dog walking by barking...). But, I assure you, things are getting better and better with each day.

Hope this helps.