View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Andyjenno81 View Post
Oh, hi Dee, I remember you.

Yeah I keep on getting a good stretch sober but just by winging it, always ends in disaster. Therein lies the answer I think, I'm not really putting the requires effort in, unconsciously thinking 'ah sure, it's bound to happen one day this sobriety thing'. But I have been taking steps the last week. Met a guy out of nowhere I was in treatment here in Ireland with years ago. He's been sober since, so we had a good chat and meeting him to outline a plan tomorrow. I do like this forum so I'm going to get more active on it. Any advice with it, it seems to work for you?

​​​​​​Keep saying I'll look into checking out online meetings during lockdown but haven't yet. You tried any?

You based in Europe or elsewhere yourself?

Andrew
Hi Andrew

I am in Australia
I have no background or experience in meeting based recovery - SR did the trick for me - right place right time I think..

I wouldn't put anyone else off trying meeting based approaches tho.
Try everything really - what have you got to lose?

Originally Posted by Andyjenno81 View Post
Also Buttery & Dee,

Quick question - I suffered bad enough knee injury about ten days ago, so they gave me painkillers for it.

I didn't take the painkillers while drinking. But now I'm in first few days recovering/in withdrawals, is it okay to take the painkillers for my knee?

I've been researching and it doesn't say anywhere it's a major issue and would negatively impact the severity of the withdrawal?

Andrew
As you probably know we can't give medical advice here.

I'm not a Doctor so I can't tell you what to do or whether it might interfere with your withdrawal.
Are you in enough pain to take painkillers?

The very best thing would be to ask your Doctor but if you're worried at the very least I'd do some due diligence and see if there's any known problems with the meds and you being 72 hours sober.

I'd consider it unlikely, but as I said, not a Doctor

D