Old 05-16-2020, 03:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Jeff, I hope you are ok. I definitely understand your frustration, worry and anger. I do. While I don't entirely agree with the comparisons, as we all have our own struggles and are entitles to feel however we feel, I will say that you in the US have it a bit better than many other places. I don't say that to make you feel bad or guilty about what you are feeling, but just as a reminder to be thankful for what you do have. We here in Italy were finally allowed outside of our homes for a walk, bike ride or exercise on May 4th, after 2 months of complete lockdown. This was major for us and our mental health. In India the police are beating people with sticks if they are found out of their homes. Not to even get into the situation in China....
It is hard for all of us. We ALL have a right to our feelings and this is a difficult time for everyone. But we must remember to be thankful for what we do have and can do and try our best to maintain some semblance of routine and positive activity.
I was going crazy, I live alone, had no one to visit, no physical or personal contact with anyone, but found that keeping a routine helped. I naturally wake early, about 6:30 or 7, so I continue to get out of bed, make my coffee, go outside to feed my cat and have a smoke with my coffee, then after about 30 minutes of relaxation do a in home workout with the things I have available. After my workout, while still sweaty and dirty I clean my entire house. It is a bit obsessive and unnecessary asI cleaned it yesterday, but it is a routine that helps. I then do some online work, do a load of laundry, hang it out to dry, take down the dry items and come in and iron, maybe some more work online. Your routine may look different, but I have found having a standard routine every day helps.