Old 05-15-2020, 07:04 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Friday!

Has anyone else noticed that you cannot see if people have "thanked" your post? I have a thanks button (SR Desktop, Chrome on a Mac) and if I thank someone it shows at the bottom, but I can no longer see other peoples' names in the "thanks" area like I used to be able to. I can't be the only one thanking posts.

It's going to be a gorgeous day here, and I plan on getting out in it. I'm painting the decorative shutters on the front of my house to match the new green front door I got last summer (shutters are black), and have been working on it bit by bit all week. My original plan was to order new shutters and just replace them, but I put it off and now I need a solution quickly. My landscaping projects gets under way on Monday. New shutters would take weeks to get here, and I don't want to be disturbing the new landscaping with ladders and stuff. Then my next plan was to take the shutters down, paint them, and put them back up. Well that turned out to be really difficult, so I'm stuck painting them in place, up on a ladder. It's tedious work, because they have louvers, but it gets me outside so It's ok. I don't love being on a ladder (in fact I rather hate it), but I just try to breathe and forget I'm up there. I have a very big, sturdy, safe ladder, but I hate heights. So hopefully I get that finished before it starts raining here tomorrow. I think I can do it. So far the ones that are done look great, and the paint I had custom-mixed is a perfect match, so it will be worth the effort.

Work is quieting down for a week or so now. We are between terms, so I have a little less to do. Then class registration for incoming students for fall begins, all online this year, and I am being pressed into service in a way I never have been before. Usually new students come to campus and register fro classes in person so they can get face-to-face help and contact with someone from the department they are majoring in. I generally have very little to do with it. I'll have to be online all day every day for a couple of weeks to help with various behind-the-scenes tasks. So I need to enjoy this small respite while I can.