View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 09:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
BeABetterMan

Originally Posted by Be123 View Post
I feel for you going from being surrounded by people you love to the opposite. That must be really tough.

Hows things today?

Hey Be, I missed posting yesterday. I gave myself permission. I was busy from morning til night and didn't have much to say.

Things are definitely looking up for me. I haven't taken an anti-anxiety pill in days, I'm going to a lot of online meetings, I'm busy at work (which has made a HUGE difference), and I'm just coping better.

But I'm an alcoholic. I'm one of the bad ones. It is always lurking. And I'm really frustrated because I have been trying to fill my antabuse script for over a month and for some reason the pharmacy can't get it. It's like my parachute and I'd feel better if I had it onboard, but if I do the things I'm supposed to, I won't need it.

I thank God for every day I'm sober. My physical and mental health deteriorate so fast when I touch alcohol now that I don't know how many I have left in me. SO many ambulances, ER visits, panic attacks, even overdoses. It's life or death.