View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dig12

Checking in to say Day #45 is in the books!!!

I don't consider it a stumble but I had my first "dishonest" interaction this evening. I had a friend over for a social distanced short visit and he usually brings a few cans of beer to share. He didn't this time! So, I had a sense of relief. We were both thirsty so I told him I had no beer to offer but I'd run in and get us some grapefruit soda waters. I apologized for having no beer and my big brave moment came next when I told him that I hadn't had a drink in 45 days. He didn't say much when I followed up by saying I wasn't going to be drinking at all anymore.

Then came the gaff - he asked if that meant I would have one at the next MLB game we go see? Or when we go to Boston Pizza before a movie? I responded dishonestly and said something like, "No. I mean well I guess yah okay."

That to me right there crushed me in the moment. I felt horrible. It's not the truth and I didn't stick to my message. And I have no reason to fear that I'd be pressured by him at all. It's just not that kind of friendship. I should've taken it the next step farther and told him all about why I was on Day #45... why I knew that many days had passed? Etc.

Anyways -- rant over -- ZZZ for me.

I did sit down and catch up on all messages. Given the above, it was a nice way to wind down the evening and get ready for bed. Then it came over me to make a post and just air it all out. I feel better already.