Old 05-09-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lina30x

Thank you guys. Sure enough, he cornered me into a conversation. He asked me if I thought it would be best for him to just find somewhere else to stay. When I entertained the conversation, he started to panic, breathe rapidly and tell me that it was just a slip and to give him time to show me. That his last stay at rehab really showed him new things. When I asked him why did he even bring it up then, he answered that it was just an icebreaker because he sensed that I something wasn't right. He became very desperate and almost begging. Just let him show me and once again I explained that I really don't think there is anything left to this relationship. He didn't hear it, just kept saying just watch. It gave me such anxiety that I ended up just saying fine just to get him to stop. He swears if anything else happens he will leave with no questions asked. I hate to say this but I would rather he do some big screw up so that i can tell him to go. It would be better to do this on better terms but he just isn't hearing it. I know i am partly to blame for enabling the behavior for years. He has no ability to care of things on his own. I have always bailed him out. we are in new territory right now because I have stopped. So it is unnerving him with how to handle me. But, nothing changes if nothing changes, right? And another day begins.