Old 05-07-2020, 02:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Hi, Notch. Like you, I'm at very early days still. But I think I felt a definite shift at day 100, exactly. It was a milestone for me, one I had been subconsciously aiming for, I suppose. After that 100 became reality, I think things for me became a whole lot easier; I stop obsessing about alcohol so much, in a way, it was as if a huge load was gone off of my mind. As if I could "breathe easier", if you know what I mean?I count each day for one simple reason; in my mind, it would be much easier to start drinking again after for instance 20 days than 50 days, or 50 days instead of a 100. It would be much easier, to my way of thinking, to throw away 20 days than a 100. Like, after three weeks, I might have thought: Come on man, it's only 21 days - you can start again tomorrow. No big loss... But almost a 150 days in? 20 Weeks plus. Will I throw that away? Maybe - but not nearly as easy as 20 days...Just my take. I'm way to "green" here to give advice; just telling you what works for me, and why. Have a great day.