Thread: Ugly Binge
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BeckoningCat
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

Yes I agree Wastinglife. I can't drink responsibly and I've made that perfectly evident, and it would be the definition of insanity for me to continue to drink during the pandemic, too.
I have a Bachelor's of Science in Environmental Science and Management, but for grad school I went into a related program that was more sociological in nature, like a community minded approach to environmental solutions. My thinking was that I could apply my science background in a helpful social context.

However, it turned out to not be right for me at all. So this semester I applied into an Anthrozoology Masters program. It's the study of human-animal relationships, and has a broader context where science still fits. It was a mistake for me to go too far away from science. However, I can't start the Anthrozoology program until Fall 2021. They don't have a Winter/Spring start date, and I won't start this fall because of the pandemic.

So I normally would probably be okay looking for a job since I do have a Bachelor's. Worst case scenario I could do substitute teaching because of my experience in writing curriculum in environmental education for my internship. BUT NOW WHAT?

I did apply at a grocery store. The natural history museum where I do my internship could be hiring, but will they even need someone during the pandemic shutdown? An employee serves a different role than an intern. I don't know that they would hire me now.

I also don't want to travel back to the city or anywhere out of town to take jobs related to my field because of the pandemic.