Thread: Ugly Binge
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BeckoningCat
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

I thought about that. I thought about doing the ugliest thing imaginable, turning the utilities off that are in my name, taking my money, and running.

I want to be honest and good. I don't want more trouble.

See, the reason why I live here is because I was a college student. It's pretty normal for college students to live together so they can have a safer place to live that's close to the university, no matter their age. I know a woman in her 60s who rented a room from someone so she could finish her degree.

My first batch of roommates wasn't so bad. It's this second year that has gotten weird, and it's especially ugly due to the pandemic.

As someone just leaving grad school and an internship, my ability to even find a job right now is limited. As good as your intentions may be to tell me to save money from every paycheck, I don't know even where I'll work if the economy doesn't open up. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Parents is only mother, and she lives hundreds of miles away, and is probably not the best person for me to live with.

I would love to just live in a cheaper place alone and work and save money.

I also agree that if I continued to drink it would only be sad and could be tragic. Thank you for your input.