Thread: Ugly Binge
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Booze worked miracles for me, except for the few times I got in trouble. I got lucky so many times doing stupid idiotic things. I should be dead or in jail.

Then it got very bad physically and mentally. It was an exponential progression towards the end...or was it? I don't really know, but what I do know is that if I relapse I will probably die or go insane.

Sounds like you have a huge mess on your hands and I can only offer how I might handle it. This is similar to what I told my sister who is going through a divorce. I am pretty sure she is addicted to booze and rx meds.

I would stop living above my means. If I need multiple roommates to make it, that is above my means.

I would move into the least expensive situation I could find. e.g. studio, trailer, parents. I would begin saving my money and investing a bit every pay check. Now is a great time to dollar cost averaging.

I would pay off all of my bills and work to life debt free. id do this before investing.

It might take 5 years of this before I generated enough cash to buy a starter home. That home might end up my forever home, who knows, but it would be mine. I would pay it off.

It goes without saying that the boozing needs to stop. Sounds like you are in a deep addicted hole and you will suffer like hell to get out. If you are seeing a therapist I might assume you are mixing booze and meds?

That is another level of hell I have not experienced.

What I will close with is that if this continues I don't think the ending is going to be happy. It will be very very very sad.

Thanks.